Elevate your skills.
The PYPO Prelude Ensembles are for musicians who have mastered the foundational skills of their instrument and are ready for a new challenge. Prelude is an opportunity for musicians to increase time and experience with their instrument before progressing to our Philharmonic Orchestra.
Students rehearse and perform as a string ensemble and band ensemble separately, and then combine to make the PYPO Prelude Full Orchestra.
Eligibility: Prelude musicians are accepted through an audition process, by appointment only. All Prelude Ensemble applicants must register online and schedule an audition appointment. Prelude musicians are generally middle school and high school students, and there is a place for everyone at PYPO! Don't hesitate to contact us with questions.
Performances: As a Prelude musician, you will perform in three concerts per season.
Rehearsals: Prelude groups rehearse on Saturday mornings, typically 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. from late September through March.
Full Season Tuition (Sept - April): $550*
Mid-Season Tuition (Jan - April): $275*
*all tuition is subject to a $25 registration fee
The PYPO Prelude Band was established in 2009. Musicians will learn about the basics of ensemble playing and will develop skills including:
• counting rhythms accurately in order to play together more effectively,
• listening and tuning an instrument in relation to the rest of the group,
• playing melodies more effectively,
• playing accompaniment parts more effectively which will include how to listen and respond to other musicians while performing their own musical part within the ensemble, and
• developing good breathing practices which will enhance producing a better, more relaxed and easy sound, on their instrument.