PYPO COVID-19 Heath and Safety Plan
PYPO is committed to providing the safest environment for our students and staff. In response to this, we will follow the CDC and Pennsylvania State recommendations.
During the 2020-2021 season, PYPO sucessfully rehearsed and performed while masking, socially distancing, and dividing groups into sizes required to stay below the required gathering numbers as mandated by the state.
In the 2021-2022 season, we will follow the CDC recommendations to ensure the safety of our students and staff. We have safely returned to full orchestra at both the Philharmonic and Prelude level. We are prepared to make changes should safety protocols need to be added or changed. Please select from the tabs to the left to see what precautions we will be taking this season.
- If students or staff are sick, feeling unwell, or have been running a fever within the last 48 hours, we ask that you STAY HOME.
- Each rehearsal day, before arriving, students/families will fill out a short Health Screening Questionnaire.
- Upon arrival at rehearsal, all students will check in. They will be screened using a no-contact infrared forehead thermometer.
- Students will bring a stand, music, pencil and instrument.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each rehearsal room for student use.
- Students and staff may choose to wear a mask.
(Temporarily revised due to COVID-19)
- Due to the pandemic, PYPO is adopting a revised attendance policy for the season. We recognize that there will likely be more absences than in a normal season due to health reasons. Anyone who is feeling unwell, or has been exposed to COVID-19 must stay home. Rehearsal assignments will be communicated via google classroom.
- If a student or staff tests positive for COVID as per CDC guidelines, then they must quarantine for 5 days after the positive test.
- If anyone is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, they should stay home.
- If you are healthy, it is important that you attend rehearsal. Every student’s contribution is essential.
- If you must miss a rehearsal, please fill out the attendance form (located on our Member’s Page) as soon as you know you will be absent. Students who do not fill out a form and are absent will receive a phone call.